Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist is responsible for weekend support. Network Operation Center (NOC) inbound tickets and phone calls during business hours of Friday through Monday 8 am to 7 pm CST triaging customer needs to higher-level engineers as required. The role relates to technologies including but not limited to Core/Edge and CPE Routers, workstations, servers, virtualization, LAN and SDWAN networks, HPBX/VoIP/UcaaS equipment, and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Answer phone calls, respond to tickets/alerts as well as handle escalated issues in a timely fashion
· Ability to work within a ticketing system
· Detailed communication with customers and vendors as required to keep all parties informed of issues, progress, changes, and resolutions.
· Provide necessary technical support at the network level: LAN/WAN connectivity, routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless
· Provide essential technical support for HPBX/VoIP/UcaaS services/TDM /CAS/8XX/ 911/SIP
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
· Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
· Technical Support for backup and disaster recovery solutions provided by Access One.
· Work jointly with team members, Field Engineers, NOC, and Project Engineers when needed or called on for assistance.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
· College level courses in IT or certification preferred
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP/MCSA, Cisco CCNA, or CompTIA Network + or possessing the drive to achieve professional IT certifications applicable to the services and solutions provided by Access One.
· Minimal 2 years of experience in a similar role
· Understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
· Advanced diagnostic skills of technical issues
· Labtech RMM /ConnectWise PSA experience strongly desired
· Auvik/Solarwinds experience strongly desired
· Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
· Knowledge of HPBX/VOIP/UcaaS systems strongly desired
- MetaSwitch or Broadsoft experience a plus
· Strong organizational and customer service skills
· Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s main services for which support is required
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment