Location: Chicago – Onsite/Remote
Interview: Phone / Video / F2F
As a member of the Storage Operations team, provide day-to-day support for the global client storage infrastructure. Daily activities include Project Coordination and Planning, Storage Operations following set PSPG's (Policies Standards Procedures Guidelines), Project Deployment, Storage Environment Provisioning, Analysis & Reports, Administrative Support, and Vendor Management & Coordination.
- Deploy, maintain and upgrade NetApp, Nimble, Nutanix, Rubrik and Panzura infrastructure storage devices.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and technologies on either physical or virtual platforms such as VMWare (VDI), Hyper-V, and / or Nutanix Acropolis.
- Respond to Level 1 thru 3 support tickets and provide timely support to other IT groups.
- Experience supporting large Microsoft Windows file sharing and NAS implementations.
- Work on IT projects and be able to see project from planning stages to completion.
- Work with new hardware and software technologies and be able to understand and learn said technologies to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as needed or delegated by manager.
- Work with the Data Center Operations team to provide data center support as necessary for storage technologies.
- Work with and adhere to Change Control Management policies and implementation standards.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think through the implications of specific deployment decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to build consensus across different stakeholders.
- A team player with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Solid understanding of the NetApp storage platform and software suite, Deduplication, and Data Replication.
- Experience in supporting large Microsoft Windows file sharing and NAS implementations.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and technologies on either physical or virtual platforms such as VMWare (VDI), Hyper-V and/or Nutanix AHV.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation techniques.
- Understanding of Ransomware detection, remediation and tools.
- Basic coding techniques (PowerShell) and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the server environment effectively.
- Knowledge of networking and load balancing and fail over systems.
- Knowledge of the application of system concepts such as DNS, VMWare vMotion, VMware Storage vMotion, Hyper-V and other server technologies.
- Knowledge of hardware vendors and the tools associated with selected vendor products.
- Ability to install, configure and implement hardware (rack, stack, and cabling).
- Capable of interpreting messages/alerts from multiples systems to identify potential problems.
- Have worked with and adhered to Change Control Management policies and implementation standards