Senior Helpdesk Specialist (2)
Location: NY (1 ) & CHI (1)
Interview: Video / Phone / F2F
We are currently seeking a full-time to join our Information Technology team.
This key role provides support requests via e-mail, phone, and in-person, during business and after-hours. The Help Desk Specialist prioritizes and responds to support requests and actively works to resolve issues while documenting results in an online ticketing system. The Help Desk Specialist works in a team environment that enables escalation to the Engineering team and other subject matter experts.
Reporting to the Helpdesk Manager, the Senior Helpdesk Specialist will be a versatile resource who has a passion for technology and enjoys solving technical problems while providing exceptional customer service. Primary to the success of this role will be the ability to help manage support operations, including assisting with rollouts of new services, equipment, and migration of applications.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide professional, phone and desk-side support in a high-touch, customer-facing environment
- Assist with managing the firm's IT Service Management tool
- Tracking asset inventory of all user-related hardware/software
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees, including the configuration of accounts, application access, and equipment
- Organize, set up, and execute technology for firm meetings with external parties
- Assist with managing the firm's audiovisual environment, including firm conference room technology
- Assist with managing the firm's mobility accounts
- Provide support coverage after-hours as part of an on-call rotation.
- Identify recurring incidents and work with the team to find permanent solutions
- Document routine procedures and provides employees with training
Required Technical Skills
- Administration of Active directory including creation, updates, and management of user accounts
- Extensive experience with supporting Windows 10 devices
- Experience supporting iPhone, iPad, and MiFi devices
- Strong project management skills – ability to quickly adapt to the firm's needs
- Troubleshooting of various types of desktop and laptop computers
- Virus and malware detection, prevention and removal techniques
- Experiencing with Microsoft Exchange (O365) administration
- Experience with desktop image creation, provisioning, and management
- Mobile Device Management platforms
- Administration of Cisco IP Telephone System
- Excellent communication skills, relationship building, and decisiveness are critically important.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Strong technical background and problem-solving skills are critical.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in a technical support role in a small to medium enterprise
- Experience in a high-touch, professional, customer-service oriented organization