Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $125-150/YR + Bonus + Benefits
Start: 2 week notice
Interview: Video / F2F
The Senior Engineer is part of the Engineering team and is responsible for assisting with the firm's infrastructure. This position will administer, support, maintain, and perform system upgrades. The Senior Engineer will assist with day-to-day systems operations, infrastructure support, and end-user escalation support. The Senior Engineer will help provide data center support for all locations, including remote offices, and disaster recovery sites. The Senior Engineer participates in an on-call rotation and may occasionally be required to work after-hours. Occasional travel may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Administer Windows Server environment including Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Print Server, and various other Microsoft Services
- Administer Microsoft Office 365 (Including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Azure AD)
- Administer VMware ESXi virtual infrastructures
- Help manage backup and recovery and anti-virus solutions
- Identify, review, and apply updates and Vulnerability Remediations
- Assist in infrastructure planning for server and network upgrades, emphasizing consolidation of services while maintaining high resource availability as well as security
- Monitor systems health, troubleshoot system issues, perform incident review, and root cause analysis
- Install and configure new hardware and software for servers
- Perform routine audits of systems and software and document system configurations, processes, and procedures
- Act as an escalation point for the Helpdesk team
- Assist with oversight and management of MSP providers
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in server/systems administration
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree is required
Required Technical Skills
- Windows Server Administration including server installation, configuration, server roles, storage, file, print, web services, and remote access.
- Active Directory and Group Policy management including auditing, creation, troubleshooting, and management of organizational units, objects, Certificate Services, Federation Services, Lightweight Directory services, and Group Policies.
- Hypervisor experience including maintenance, configuration, configuring virtual machines, managing shared storage, and tuning machine resources.
- MDM experience including policy creation, security hardening, reporting, and deploying applications.
- Multi-factor solution management, troubleshooting, reporting, and hardening