Oracle Business Analyst – Product Configurator
Location: Troy, OH
Interview: Video / F2F
Start: 2 week notice
The ROLE CAN BE REMOTE ; However, occasional travel will be required/necessary EACH MONTH!!
Maintain and ensure the accuracy of CBPC product data using the following Oracle applications modules: Product Configurator, Bill of Materials, Inventory, and PIM, as well as other software such as Microsoft Office, and programming languages such as Java, SQL, and PL/SQL. Implement engineering change orders and new product introductions. Coordinate efforts between Manufacturing, IT, Product Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Sales and Marketing to ensure up-to-date and timely information is provided for operational needs. Design and develop Oracle Product Configurator extensions.
- Participate in Oracle ERP system implementation and design, including the development and ongoing maintenance of configuration rules using the Oracle Product Configurator. (Essential)
- Ensure optimum configuration model design to satisify “Assemble To Order” (ATO) and “Pick to Order” (PTO) business requirements of manufacturing and distribution locations. (Essential)
- Analyze both large and small Engineering projects to develop appropriate solutions. (Essential)
- Understand the function of all Oracle item attributes, and ensure that they are correctly assigned to achieve expected behavior in all related Oracle modules. (Essential)
- Create SQL queries to systematically identify item attribute settings, and to confirm changes and corrections. (Essential)
- Understand all technical aspects of the Oracle Product Configurator, including new Fusion engine and user interfaces.(Essential)
- Design and develop configurator extensions, as necessary, to address complex problems that cannot be solved using standard Oracle Product Configurator functionality. (Essential)
- Have a detailed understanding of Oracle iStore; in particular, its interactions with the Oracle Product Configurator.
- Be familiar with all Engineering documents (including AutoCad drawings), and use them as a reference for product specifications . Make suggestions for improvement or corrections to these documents whenever possible. (Essential)
- Actively participate in the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process and ensure that agreed-upon implementation dates are met. (Essential)
- Ensure the accuracy of all standard item bills of materials. Plan updates appropriately to ensure that mass changes are made efficiently and correctly.
- Create test plans, cases, and scripts to ensure that item, bill of material, and configuration rule changes can be verified thoroughly and efficiently. Follow Oracle Application Implementation Methodology and ensure that Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing requirements are met. Use version control system (Visual SafeSource) for Oracle Product Configurator extensions. (Essential)
- Perform technical service functions, including trouble-shooting and the debugging of system issues. (Essential)
- Participate in system reengineering, in relation to product configuration and bills of material. Originate new ideas whenever possible. (Essential)
- Have working knowledge of Oracle modules (Order Management, Purchasing, Planning (ASCP), Work in Process (WIP), Accounting, Advanced Pricing, etc.) that use item and bill of material data. Understand the function and data requirements of CBPC’s custom shop floor control system, and how it interfaces to Oracle. Work closely with IT to support and improve manufacturing automation.
- Maintain equipment, software, and supplies necessary to perform assigned duties and make recommendations for additional equipment or software (such as upgrades) when needed.
- Be familiar with basic AutoCad and AutoVue functionality, in particular as they pertain to CBPC’s automated shop drawing program.
- Assume responsibilities for projects assigned by Manager
- 2+ years with Specific hands on experience using Oracle Product Configurator
- Minimum 5 years in engineering-related business system environment, such as Product Data Management, Product Configuration, and/or ERP business system design and implementation.
- 4-year science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical degree or equivalent education/work experience.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret engineering documents and drawings. Must be able to translate engineering/computer terminology into understandable English (both written and oral) for customers, Marketing, Sales, and others.
- Ability to document procedures and processes (using Oracle Application Implementation Methodology), including test cases and scripts. Ability to create routine reports, project plans, and Word documents.
- Must be able to perform algebraic and geometric calculations. Must be able to analyze engineering data and translate into Oracle product configurator rules (Boolean algebra).
- Must be able to design and develop computer programs using the following languages: SQL, PL/SQL, and Java, while following Oracle software development standards and processes.