Our client, a major employer in the US and located near the Illinois/Wisconsin border, is building a team of application developers to work on a 5-year project migrating their existing applications to modern, open source based development tools and platforms in a mixed public/private cloud. This team will be focused on the new platform, examining the existing applications, designing the new software applications, refactoring code, writing new code, testing, documentation, full SDLC work. The environment will be on the WebSphere Liberty platform, other tools and product they use include MQ Series, Urbancode, Chef, Docker, DB2, AS400, Rational Team, Atlassian JIRA and Hibernate. The application development team will provide design recommendations to ensure application supports mission objectives. Team members will ensure that code is scalable and meets performance requirements (performance tuning). Team member will deliver quality code that meets documented standards and security requirements set forth in their enterprise architecture design documents.
- 3-6 years of Java development and design experience including:
- Extensive experience with J2EE
- Application servers such as WebSphere (Liberty being a preferred platform) or Apache and WebLogic/Oracle.
- 1+ years of experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Experience with the Spring framework and MVC. Must have design experience as well as development.
- Experience integrating hibernate.
- Experience mentoring and leading Junior team members on best practices, application design and agile methodologies
- Senior Developers are leaders within the team, outspoken on developmental processes and best practices
- Manhattan WMOS experience is a huge plus but can be learned on project.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
*No Sponsorship available; No 3rd parties