IT Field Supervisor
Remote w/ 75% travel
PERM (Central Time zone work hours)
Seeking an individual to supervise IT teams in the field to onboard and integrate practices to the growing Forefront family. Your goals would be focused on providing a quality IT integration experience for the joining practices from the initial discovery to final integration. You would provide project management and field supervision of both Forefront and contracted resources to achieve our objectives. You will need to provide technical leadership and coordination within the Information Technology integration team. Some one who enjoys traveling for business and are energized when interacting with new people and facing new challenges will have the most success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- VAR experience highly preferred
- Able to support existing clinic nationwide as well as transition new clinic and implement systems
- 10/10 communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to effectively project manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize resources.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and diagnosing wireless and network connectivity issues.
- Must possess high-level ability to assess and document existing networks.
- Must possess mid-level ability working with a wide range of networks and server equipment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Must be able to demonstrate leadership by serving as an example to others with regard to professional behavior, handling multiple tasks, maintaining a positive attitude, and in response to organizational change.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Must be able to learn new software quickly.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff, board, clients, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use time productively and contribute to high levels of company operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Supervises and coordinates internal and external technicians to accomplish business objectives.
- Manages multiple projects from initial discussion to successful integration into the Forefront system.
- Discovers and documents joining practice IT assets and network layout.
- Supports the Integrations team with IT related needs during clinic onboarding.
- Partners with the Integrations team and business stakeholders to determine unique processes and equipment that may present challenges to successful integration.
- Communicates with the Integrations team, IT team, and business stakeholders throughout the process to ensure a smooth and successful integration.
- Works with wiring vendors to ensure adequate network jacks are available.
- Determines IT assets needed for successful conversion and coordinate ordering and delivery to the clinics.
- Supervises and manages clinic conversion to the Forefront IT network.
- Adherence to compliance and completion of compliance training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.