Chicago, Illinois | Contract
Length: 6 months
The team is looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer who can craft and maintain flexible systems that meet the needs of our clients, both internally and externally. You will help to support the operation of a market-leading eCommerce and Digital Presence infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the good standing of the server infrastructure. We are responsible for many Windows and Linux servers and an increasing investment in serverless technologies.
- Helping to research and develop new infrastructure technologies and approaches as they emerge.
- Supporting a number of platforms at the server / service level. This at times includes eCommerce platforms, Content Management Platforms, Data integration, and custom systems.
- Supporting and improving Devops practices in the department and company
- Performing routine tasks related to the infrastructure of our clients’ systems.
- Monitoring for and responding to anomalies within our infrastructure, including on-call rotation as part of a larger team.
- Helping to design and improve our monitoring and reporting.
- Developing and maintaining automation for provisioning and deployment of the server infrastructure.
- Working closely with platform developers to solve their infrastructure-related issues, and mentoring others in understanding implications and limitations of the technology.
- Troubleshooting problems in platforms we support.
- Expert knowledge of Windows power shell and/or Linux shell.
- Working knowledge of web technologies (web servers, DNS, SSL, Browsers)
- Working knowledge of web development processes (source control, deployment, etc)
- Experience improving workflow (reducing/optimizing tasks)
- Knowledge in deploying and maintaining cloud technologies as part of larger systems
- Understanding of security implications of architecture decisions
- Some knowledge of commonly used services and best practices using one or more Cloud Platforms like Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud
Nice to Have's
- Operating eCommerce servers, especially Hybris, Magento 2, Drupal
- Operating Content Management Systems such as Drupal, AEM
- Load testing, pen testing, and providing security for cloud resources
- Diverse knowledge of additional Cloud Platforms.
- Administering and using monitoring tools (NewRelic, ELK, sumologic, etc.) to troubleshoot issues
Desktop Infrastructure Engineer Location: Chicago / REMOTE PERM Salary: Interview: Video Start: 2 weeks POSITION OVERVIEW The…
Infastructure Engineer Location: REMOTE Length: 6 months Start: ASAP Interview: Video Rate: 80-90/HR The team is looking…
Automation Systems Infrastructure Engineer Location: McPherson, Kansas – ONSITE!! Duration: 6-12 months Start: ASAP Interview: Video Responsibilities/Job…
St. Louis, Missouri|