Housekeeper (Onsite)(2 open roles)
DuPage County, IL 60190
Duration: 3 Months (possible extension or perm placement)
- 3pm – 11:30pm – weekend rotation – 5- 8 hour shifts
- 5:00 pm – 1:30 am –
- weekend rotation – 5- 8 hour shifts
Housekeepers are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the facility by cleaning rooms, replenishing linens and maintaining floors. No formal education beyond high school is required for this career, and on-the-job training is available.
- Using various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, housekeepers wipe equipment, clean furniture, polish floors and vacuum carpets.
- Change Linen, empty trash and restock supplies. Housekeepers also collect dirty laundry from all areas and distribute the clean linen back to the appropriate floors.
- Daily inventory to inspect cleaning equipment for any repairs or replacements.
- Occasionally attend in-service training.
- Attend meetings for updates on company policies, new equipment demonstrations and discussion of complaints made by staff and ensure proper infection-control policies are being followed.
- Previous Housekeeping experience is required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality