Hospital Housekeeper (Onsite)
Sandwich, IL 60548
Duration: 3 Months (possible extension or perm placement)
Shift: Weekend Rotation
Hospital housekeepers are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital by cleaning rooms, making beds, replenishing linens and maintaining floors. No formal education beyond high school is required for this career, and on-the-job training is available.
- Routinely clean patient rooms, nursing units, surgical areas, administrative offices, laboratory areas, waiting areas and public restrooms, as well as launder all hospital linen.
- Using various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, housekeepers wipe equipment, clean furniture, polish floors and vacuum carpets.
- Make beds, empty trash and restock medical supplies. Housekeepers also collect dirty laundry from all patient areas and distribute the clean linen and hospital gowns back to the appropriate floors.
- Daily inventory to inspect cleaning equipment for any repairs or replacements.
- Occasionally attend in-service training.
- Attend meetings for updates on company policies, new equipment demonstrations and discussion of complaints made by patients or hospital staff and ensure proper infection-control policies are being followed.
- Previous Housekeeping experience is required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality