Electrical/Hardware Engineer (Procurement lead) (Onsite)
Corvallis, OR 97330
2 year contract
The employee will report into the Manufacturing Engineering Team within Specialty Printing Systems (SPS), which has manufacturing and new product introduction responsibilities with a focus on cost, quality, and assurance of supply.
As a member of the SPS Manufacturing Engineering team, the employee will have responsibilities covering product assurance of supply and supplier sourcing, selection, and management. The employee will represent the operations organization as part of broader new product introduction programs, and support manufacturing specific projects.
- This role basically has 3 priorities, in rank of importance/frequency.
- Priority #1: (Central to the Role) Current EE- electronic product/MPa/Supplier management. Managing risk. Managing change. Manage communications. Ensuring AOS, managing cost, and ensuring quality. Pro-active vs reactive product manufacturing and MPa management. Avoid risk. Address issue – quick and complete.
- Priority #2: NPI. Sourcing, supplier selection, Mfging setup, QC/QA establishment, production readiness, production release. Electronic DFM/DFA/AOS/Cost influence. MfgE EE NPI leadership. Product readiness to manage as a current product/MPa/supplier.
- Priority #3: (infrequent) Design, build, test, introduce, qualify and release of testers or test tools for the build, test, or quality assurance of SPS products.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Additional degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement or Business a plus
- 5-10 years of electronic product development, sourcing, or supplier management experience.
- PMP Certification a plus