Desktop Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Chicago / REMOTE
Start: 2 weeks
The Desktop Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design, support, and on-going operation of the Firm’s desktop and virtual desktop (VDI) platforms. The position serves to drive change in technology and process to bring best-in-class functionality, supportability, and security to the desktop infrastructure.
- Design: Designs and implements new technologies and features with guidance from Architecture and/or Project Management. Leads initiatives within the team to improve systems and processes.
- Support: Provides third-level support to attorneys and staff. Documents common troubleshooting steps for first and second-level support teams. Provides 24×7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Operations: Performs routine and preventative system maintenance and implements changes to address production issues. Regularly participates in monthly off-hours maintenance windows.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) + years of direct experience engineering desktop solutions in a large, global professional services firm. Additional experience supporting and administering desktop security technologies including system patching, encryption, DLP and CASB is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly convey information to a broad audience, from individual attorneys and staff to IT leadership.
- Strong relationship-building skills, both within and across teams.
- Aptitude for identifying issues and a curiosity to understand their underlying cause.
- Ability to drive incremental change and improvement while balancing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), including:
- OS build deployments and task sequences.
- OS and application patching. Experience with Ivanti Patch Management a plus.
- SQL reporting.
- Microsoft Windows desktop management, including:
- Hardware integration. Lenovo hardware experience preferred.
- Basic Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Powershell script creation and maintenance.
- Printer management. Experience with PrinterLogic a plus.
- Basic Windows OS security.
- Hard disk encryption. Experience with WinMagic SecureDoc a plus.
- Privileged Access Management (Beyond Trust EPM)
- Client-based firewalls (Illumio Edge).
- Citrix virtual application and virtual desktop administration.
- Windows Server OS management and security (including certificate management).
- OS virtualization (VMWare and/or Hyper-V).
- Support of Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS), StoreFront, and Netscaler a plus.