Lead Android Developer
Length: 6-12 month
We are looking for a Lead Android Developer who can create custom applications. This position will be responsible for taking projects through the entire life cycle. You will tackle problems and resolve complex issues, while working in a distributed environment with a team of outstanding engineers.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write well designed, efficient Kotlin code that works across devices.
- Build great looking screens in an Android environment
- Support continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the rapidly evolving mobile development world.
- Actively participate in client meetings.
- Work independently on coding tasks and also provide support to more junior team members.
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- 5+ years of professional hands-on Android Development experience.
- Built apps using Kotlin
- Alternatively, deep experience in Java development with drive to learn may be considered.
- Alternatively, deep experience in Swift, Objective-C or React Native development with an eagerness to grow in a second platform may be considered.
- Proficiency with Android SDK
- Willingness to learn and work with React Native and other technologies beyond native Android development.
- Experience with Android Jetpack libraries is a plus.
- An understanding of design and the ability to fill gaps, for example if a design doesn’t cover all screen sizes or if a design isn’t consistent.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability and ambition to lead Android projects.
- Worked with Agile development, preferably SCRUM.
- Comfortable striving for full unit test coverage